Dr Prashant Sankaye
Dr Sankaye completed his clinical radiology training through the Southwest Peninsula Radiology Training Scheme and at the Peninsula Radiology Academy, Plymouth, UK which is the only purpose-built radiology academy in the world. Following the certification of completion of training (CCST) he completed a fellowship in musculoskeletal and spinal imaging at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, which is Oxfordshire’s main accident and emergency site.
He visited the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore for a mini-fellowship to get further experience in bone and soft tissue tumour imaging. During this time he specialised in interventional musculoskeletal and spinal radiology including the use of techniques such as autologous blood injection, platelet rich plasma therapy, thermal ablation and spinal injections.
Ultrasound-guided injections, PRP- Plasma injections, Hyaluronic acid (Ostenil, Durolane etc) and steroid injection, MRI scan, ultrasound scan, X rays, CT scans, and all types of joint, spine and other various musculoskeletal injections.
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Sub specialty interests
- MRI, CT and ultrasound imaging for musculoskeletal conditions
- GMC No
- Medical training
- Year qualified: 1998 University of Mumbai
- NHS Trust(s) name
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, St. Mary’s Hospital
- Professional & other roles
- Head of Specialty, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Imperial College Healthcare
- Head of Training for MSK Radiology, Imperial College Healthcare
- MRI Working Group Chair, Imperial College Healthcare
- AAC Panel member, Royal College of Radiologists
- Educational, Clinical Supervisor and Member of ARCP panel, London Deanery and Health Education England
- Interview panel member, Health Education England
- Examiner for OSCE and PACES examinations, Imperial College, School of Medicine
- Member, Professional Standards Investigation Team, Imperial College Healthcare
- Appraiser, Imperial College Healthcare
- External Advisor to the UK Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
- Awards & accolades
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Languages spoken
Submit an enquiry
If you would like to enquire about arranging an appointment or to find out more information about our consultants and services, please complete this form and a member of our team will contact you.
Call us today
Request a callback
If you would like a member of our team to contact you by telephone to discuss arranging an appointment or for more information about our consultants and services, please complete this form and a member of our team will contact you.