Dr Anastasia Fotiadou
Dr Anastasia Fotiadou was appointed as a Consultant Radiologist at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) in 2014, and was made its Clinical Director for Radiology in 2016. She was appointed Honorary Associate Professor at University College London (UCL) in 2018.
Dr Fotiadou reports highly complex imaging investigations of the musculoskeletal system, including radiographs, computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MRI) scans and she performs diagnostic ultrasounds which cover the whole range of musculoskeletal radiology. She performs interventional musculoskeletal procedures under image guidance including soft tissue and joint injections, nerve root and facet joint injections, bone and soft tissue biopsies and image guided drainages.
Dr Fotiadou is an experienced researcher with high impact scores and is active in multidisciplinary national and international collaborations and innovative projects with the industry. She is a leading musculoskeletal peer reviewer and examiner in musculoskeletal qualifications and holds a level 3 Clinical Excellence Award.
In 2008 Dr Fotiadou was awarded a PhD in shoulder imaging; she has authored 44 peer reviewed journal articles. She is the Radiology Lead and co-investigator for the “Exercise for Science” project, which uses medical imaging to reveal physiological effects of running.
Dr Fotiadou is a senior editor for the British Journal of Radiology Case Reports and a reviewer for the European Congress of Radiology and several other radiology journals. She holds membership at a number of prestigious national and international radiological and musculoskeletal learned societies.
With a career-long commitment to teaching Dr Fotiadou provides, as she has done for over over twenty years, teaching for medical students, physiotherapists, nurses, and doctors as well as supporting FRCR modules, Erasmus medical students and students at UCL working towards their MSc and iBSc.
- Clinical Radiology
- Sub specialty interests
- Bone and soft tissue tumours, sports injuries, musculoskeletal diagnosis (MRI, CT, x-rays and ultrasound), imaging guided intervention (ultrasound, CT and fluoroscopy), Spine
- GMC No
- Medical training
- Year qualified: 1999 University of Thessalia, School of Medicine (Greece)
- NHS Trust(s) name
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- Professional & other roles
- Clinical Director Imaging Services, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Editor, British Journal of Radiology Case Reports
- Member, British Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- Member, Chartered Management Institute
- Member, European Board of Radiology
- Member, European School of Radiology
- Member, European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Member, European Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- Member, International Skeletal Society
- Awards & accolades
- PhD in shoulder imaging
- Honorary Associate Professor, University College London
- Languages spoken
- English, Greek, Italian, French
Submit an enquiry
If you would like to enquire about arranging an appointment or to find out more information about our consultants and services, please complete this form and a member of our team will contact you.
Call us today
Request a callback
If you would like a member of our team to contact you by telephone to discuss arranging an appointment or for more information about our consultants and services, please complete this form and a member of our team will contact you.